|Jobboard Home | About | Filter Job Posts | Search|
Feature Films and Games: Lighting artist
We are seeking an experienced, talented Lead Lighter to lead all lighting efforts. We’re looking for a person who likes to be involved in many different disciplines, is a pro-active problems solver, and understands the critical nature of a team dynamic.
Job duties include:
• Work closely with the Art Director and Environment Team to establish the aesthetic and technical standards for the games lighting and cinematic style.
• Communicate lighting concepts through the creation of color key and paint over production pieces
• Make a significant direct contribution to the lighting of game environments.
• Lead by example. Demonstrate, communicate and exemplify clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
• Oversee the work of the Lighting Artists on a daily basis, effectively communicating art direction, as well as delivering constructive feedback to work in progress.
• Partner closely with the Lead Technical Artist to deliver an efficient and stable lighting pipeline.
• Establish a well-organized, focused work environment for the lighting team.
• Manage, mentor and coach staff, including writing performance evaluations for all direct reports.
• Perform special projects as assigned.
• 2+ years of production lighting experience on a successful game – industry experience is a must
• Exceptional understanding of composition, lighting, color theory, and ability to demonstrate strong illustration and concept skills.
• Wide understanding of lighting/rendering technologies (pre-render and real-time rendering), materials/shaders and their relationship to light.
• Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction and work effectively with minimal levels of guidance when required.
• Prior experience working with deferred rendering technology an advantage
• Familiar with 3D Studio Max, Maya and Photoshop and a high capacity to learn new tools.
• Strong background in traditional art skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A reel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability
• Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Must be a passionate, enthusiastic, self-driven and a talented individual, with a genuine interest in playing games.
• Task driven with excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule your own work